I’m three weeks behind on this but I actually do have a very good reason which does not involve drinking or taxidermied alligators, for once. Victor got a really horrific infection in his broken arm and was in the hospital for so long that I forgot where I lived. Then Hailey and I both came down with strep and when they finally let Victor come home they put him on an antibiotic that costs $2,300. After insurance. Then all the corpses from the Indian burial ground beneath our house started floating up in our pool and I considered moving to Canada and investing in my own bone saw. (FYI…only that very last sentence is an exaggeration. We don’t have a pool.)
But after all of that crap I realized that I probably need to have a bit more in savings in case this happens again so I’m going to stop turning down graphic ad offers on my blog and start offering them in between actual posts (labeled as ads right up front, of course). I promise they won’t be awful. And I’m not using an ad network so if you see an ad it’ll be from companies/bloggers/artists who actually contacted me directly and are bad-asses who are cool with advertising on a blog which no sane company would ever be advertising on.
PS. If you want one they start at $250. Email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you want details.
Let’s begin the weekly wrap-up, shall we?:
What you missed on Ill-Advised:
What you missed on Good Mom/Bad Mom on the Houston Chronicle:
What you missed on my sex column (which is satirical and vaguely safe for work if your boss isn’t a complete douche-canoe):
- An open letter to the creepy guy on the internet
- I have seriously underestimated you, and for that, I apologize.
- You need to watch the first video. Seriously.
What you missed in my shop (tentatively named “Eight pounds of uncut cocaine” so that your credit card bill will be more interesting.):
- Shirts that apologize for you to save you time at blogging conventions and family dinners. Now available in guy, girl and toddler sizes.
- And, as requested, shirts to wear to playdates.
What you missed on the internets:
- The Shorty Awards published my acceptance speech. Kind of.
- Nathan Fillion has continued to ignore my offer of $400 for a picture of him holding twine and that’s fine. Instead I started a flickr group where people could share pictures of themselves holding twine. It quickly degenerated to photoshopped pictures of Nathan Fillion fondling twine. This was my favorite.
This week on Shit-I-didn’t-come-up-with-but-wish-I-did-because-it’s-kind-of-awesome:
The week’s wrap-up sponsored by my real-life friend, Stephanie Smirnov, who just started a truly fabulous blog about finding horsemeat in your refrigerator (among other things). I once found a sack of sheep intestines in my refrigerator. There’s a lot of that going around. Also, I just want to point out that Stephanie is in charge of a PR company that isn’t afraid to invite me to molest the hot, gay guy from Project Runway. She’s not paying me to mention that but I’m going to anyway because that kind of bad-ass PR-ness should be rewarded.