I’m starting out this new year with a series of confessions. It’s very freeing and takes much less energy than making New Year’s resolutions I will spectacularly fail at achieving. I highly recommend it. Let’s start:
1. I’ve been spelling “trifling” wrong for my whole life. I spell it “trifiling”.
2. I pronounce “antenna” as “antanna”. I think I’m saying it properly but everyone assures me I’m not.
3. I don’t pronounce the “h” in “Huge”. People point it out. Lots of people.
4. There are a number of words which I use a lot, but have only ever read in books so when I say them out loud I just cross my fingers and pray that I’m pronouncing them correctly.
5. The last person who corrected my pronunciation is buried under the crawlspace.
One of these confessions is not true. Good luck guessing which one.