Conversation I had with Victor when he heard me singing along to Dan Seal’s “I’d Really Love to See You Tonight“:
Victor: Seriously? If there was a competition for fucking up lyrics we’d have to build another house to store all your trophies.
me: I’m pretty sure that’s how the song goes. “I’m not talking ’bout the weather. And I don’t want to change your mind. But there’s a warm wind blowing the stars around. And I’d really love to see you tonight.”
Victor: No. It’s “I’m not talking ’bout moving in. And I don’t want to change your life.” He’s talking about having a one-night-stand, not about the weather.
me: He’s obviously talking about the weather. He just predicted extreme winds capable of blowing stars around. That’s head-for-your-cellar kind of weather.
Victor: No. He’s implying that the stars of fate are being realigned for just that night.
me: So he’s just a dirty liar.
Victor: I guess.
me: Huh. Well, I wouldn’t trust that guy to tell me about the weather.
Victor: HE’S NOT TALKING ABOUT THE WEATHER.
me: I KNOW, VICTOR. THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS JUST SINGING.
Victor: I give up.
And now, time for the weekly wrap-up:
Shit I made in my shop (Named “EIGHT POUNDS OF UNCUT COCAINE” so that your credit card bill will be more interesting.):
- Hailey designed this for school but if you want one yourself just change the text on the spine. (Click on “customize it”, then click the spine, and then click “Change Text”.)
- This cheap, reusable grocery bag helps the environment by cutting down on plastic bags, and also helps the environment by telling shitty people that you’ll stab them if they aren’t nice.
- Some people have asked me for an inexpensive “Depression Lies” bracelet, so here it is if you want it. If you make it yourself you can save 12 cents. Or just write it on your arm for free. That’s what I do.
Shit that I’m vaguely involved with on the internets:
- Kick-ass stuff I pinned.
- This is what happens when you lock a brilliant astronomer and me in a room with cheese and balloons.
- Another reason why I love twitter.
- Whenever I’m having a fight with Victor and he makes a valid point I impersonate this goat until he stops.
Shit you should buy or steal because it’s awesome:
This week’s wrap-up is brought to you by Good Egg Candles, which are incredibly gorgeous. From the artist: “I make candles out of eggshells. I paint, carve, and fill the eggshells. I color and scent the wax. I do all the work by hand, and all the painting is done freehand.” Refill kits let you re-use the candles forever so they can become treasured heirlooms. These are my favorites. You should check them out here.