One of my Facebook friends posted a status saying “There’s no I in TEAM!” and I was like:
I still don’t understand this quote. I can’t manage to get my shit together even when I do have help from a whole team. Who is purposely turning down the help of a team so they can do everything alone? I can’t even go to the post office successfully by myself. Or is this your vague way of telling someone that you are quitting their team? Because that’s sort of brilliant. I think if I was asked to be part of the PTA I’d probably also say “There’s no I in TEAM!” because that way they’d think I was being helpful and saying yes, but really I was just saying, “No, I am not in the team. There is no I in your team. Sorry. I thought I was quite clear.” I mean, people never pick me to be on their team anyway because I can’t get my shit together but frankly it still seems a bit vague. What if we changed “There’s no I in TEAM” to “You can’t spell FAILURE without U and I”? Because that seems more accurate.
I don’t think she’s my friend anymore.
And now, the weekly wrap-up…
Shit I made in my shop (Named “EIGHT POUNDS OF UNCUT COCAINE” so that your credit card bill will be more interesting.):
- Kick-ass stuff I pinned.
- I love this woman and this project.
- “Oh right. I can be a person now.”
- Enjoy the little things. The little things are the big things.
- That’s damn good company to be in.
Shit you should buy or steal because it’s awesome:
- It was a rough week and when I’m depressed (much better today) I cling to the couch and watch a lot of TV. Two of my new favorites: AN HONEST LIAR (fascinating documentary) and A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (A bizarrely beautiful Iranian Vampire Western). If you have Netflix they’re free right now.
This week’s wrap-up is brought to you by The Chronicles of Ara: Creation, which looks like a pretty darn good book. Here’s the summary: When J.R.R. Tolkien is summoned to authenticate a recently-discovered “lost” book of Beowulf, events are set in motion that years later will unveil an imminent tragedy: The entirety of the world’s art and invention has been inspired by a corrupted muse, who has implanted a series of codes within the works of history’s most influential authors, warning of humanity’s end and a new dawn of time. You should check it out here.