1. Whose idea was it to schedule school picture day on the same day that Science Project Hats are due?
2. When did we stop making science projects, and instead make science projects that have to be worn on a hat? Is this just a Texas thing?
3. FYI…Science projects don’t balance well on hats because hats are round. (THAT’S SCIENCE.) So now you have to make a working solar system and also balance it on a round, moving, hyper child.
4. Hailey couldn’t get her project to balance on a baseball cap (An electrical current she made that lights up and makes noises like a space battle) so we wired it onto an easter basket because it was flat and she could use the handle to keep it on. Then she was like “Are you sure about this? Will the other kids make fun of me for wearing a basket on my head?” and I was all, “Who is going to make fun of you? The kid with a baking soda volcano dripping all over his forehead, or the one balancing a giant food pyramid on her bicycle helmet?” And she was like, “Fair enough. Just make sure you take pictures of everyone else at the Science Experiment Hat Parade in case I need those pictures in the future.” Bonus lesson: Mutual mortification is a great equalizer.
5. This is unrelated but I just got a catalogue for Easter stuff and this was one of the 200 types of Easter Eggs. I’m pretty sure that’s Fat Buddy Jesus. And that seems a little sacrilegious but it’s probably okay because Jesus has his thumbs up. I think. Hard to tell.
PS. This is a picture of Hailey launching a flying saucer with her electrical circuit, (which you can’t see because it’s up on the ceiling) and it’s incredibly blurry but I’m sharing it because Ferris Mewler thought it was so fantastic he smiled in spite of himself. SCIENCE!