I have a picture on my phone from four years ago. I took it in the back offices of a bookstore when I was panicking and pacing and trying to calm down so I could go out and do a reading. And in the middle of my panic I looked up and saw a cardboard sign above the door, and it was exactly what I needed to see at exactly the right time.
Whenever I start to fall apart, or doubt that I’ll ever fully get my shit together I pull up that picture. I don’t know who wrote it or how it came to be but it helps me. Maybe it’ll help you. Because even if you’re fucking up in one part of your life, know that you are doing an excellent job in other parts. It’s just hard to see it because the negative stuff feels so big that it keeps you from seeing all the things you’re nailing. Like breathing. You’ve been breathing all day, y’all. Probably all your life. EVEN IN YOUR SLEEP. That’s dedication, motherfucker.
So just a reminder…
You’re doing an excellent job.
And now, the weekly wrap-up:
Shit I made in my shop (Named “EIGHT POUNDS OF UNCUT COCAINE” so that your credit card bill will be more interesting.):
- As requested, the 2016 Bloggess Calendar.
- You’re supposed to use this for travel and cosmetics. I use it for pens, colors and my mini-sketch book. You can use it to keep human fingers in. No judgement.
- Every Tuesday they dress up as a T-rex and do something ridiculous. This Tuesday was ice skating.
- I can’t tell if this is amazing or unsettling. I’m leaning toward the first.
- Netflix hacks
- What I’m reading this week: Currently obsessed with Jon Ronson, who is the next best thing to Mary Roach. Finished The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry and Lost at Sea. Starting So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed now. I recommend.
This week’s wrap-up is brought to you TranscribeMe, a highly acclaimed, top rated work-from-home site where you can make money by transcribing audio and video files. From them: “With a user-friendly platform, convenient and regular payouts, and a steady work stream year round, it’s an amazing opportunity for moms to earn extra money, take charge of their own work schedule, and spend more essential time with family.” Click here to register and find out more.