Conversation with the guy at the video game store:
Clerk: Can I help you find something?
me: I’m looking for a new game. Something where you explore and solve puzzles but you don’t have to shoot anyone. Something like Myst, maybe?
Clerk: I’m not familiar with it.
me: Really? Myst? It was a super-big-deal video game. It came out in the mid-90′s, I guess?
Clerk: Oh. Yeah, I wasn’t born then.
me: Ah. And now I understand why they say video games make people violent.
And in other news, it’s Sunday, which means its time for the weekly wrap-up:
What you missed in my shop (Named “Eight pounds of uncut cocaine” so that your credit card bill will be more interesting.):
- The Official 2014 Bloggess Calendar. Because next year can’t come soon enough.
- I’m dancing right now AND IT’S GLORIOUS.
- I can see inside your soul. And it’s all glittery.
- Caffeine. Now.
- Nothing hard liquor and a hammer can’t fix.
What you missed on the internets:
- Kick-ass stuff I pinned.
- “She’s gotta mouth like a salty sailor.” I’m okay with this description.
- Next week I’m going to experience winter for the first time ever.
- 57 Books Every Comedy Fan Should Read. This is like a list of all my favorite books and when I saw mine on it I totally llamaed-out. (You’ll understand that phrase after the next link.)
This week on shit-I-didn’t-come-up-with-but-wish-I-did-because-it’s-kind-of-awesome:
This week’s wrap-up is brought to you by the fabulous woman who invented JustGoGirl, a low profile pad for women with athletic leaks that occur when you run or jump. Millions have this issue but it hasn’t received a lot of attention because women aren’t comfortable talking about it. It’s light, comfortable and invisible in tight workout clothes. It’s also good to wear when you’re laughing so hard that you pee. Just saying.