Conversation with my husband at one of those cooking stores for people who use more than one pot their whole life:
Victor: It’s not a spoon. It’s a spoon rest.
me: Because my spoons need to rest?
Victor: Seriously? You put it on the stove so you can put the dirty spoon you’re using to stir with on it.
me: So now I have two dirty spoons. I’m supposed to buy a spoon for my spoon now?
Victor: Sort of.
me: Baffling. And this is why I don’t cook.
Victor: Yeah. That’s why.
And now, the weekly wrap-up of awesomeness:
Shit I made in my shop (Named “EIGHT POUNDS OF UNCUT COCAINE” so that your credit card bill will be more interesting.):
- The perfect journal to make you seem mysterious and vaguely threatening all at the same time.
- A direct quote from Victor.
- Kick-ass stuff I pinned.
- Panels out of context
- Pattern Behavior (“Sharon. Can I get you a chair?”)
- These are a few of my favorite things.
- You have to scroll through boring personal stuff to see them, but I’ve started a whole collection of #bafflingthriftfinds.
Shit you should buy or steal because it’s awesome: (I had a small breakdown this week, and the best cure for that is reading so all of these are books that helped me escape the hell that is my own head. If you hate books you should leave now.)
- A Kim Jong-Il Production: The Extraordinary True Story of a Kidnapped Filmaker, His Star Actress, and a Young Dictator’s Rise to Power Shockingly fascinating. I couldn’t believe it was true, but it is.
- You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir. It doesn’t come out until August but it’s worth pre-ordering. Felicia Day is totally one of our tribe.
- And Yet They Were Happy. Very weird but beautiful. I think I’m not smart enough to explain why it’s so lovely.
- Happiness for Beginners: A Novel
- This is where I would put a link to another book but it’s not out and doesn’t have a publisher but if I can convince my friend to self-publish I’ll share because it’s fabulous.
- This isn’t a book but are you watching The Jinx? Victor and I binge-watched it because we got so sucked in. The last episode is tonight. IT IS INSANE AND I DON’T HAVE ANYONE TO TALK TO ABOUT IT.
This week’s wrap-up is brought to you by the fascinating Cosmic Box. Cosmic Box is an inexpensive monthly released box, full of an eclectic mix of organic small batch food, organic artisan skin care, gems and such. It’s like a surprise present for your body, soul and home. The very first box ships out mid-May and all are curated by Kat Davis (also of wildhoneyapothecary) a holistic RN who has dedicated her life to the study of botanicals, gems and honey. 20% off all profits are donated to a different charity each month. Get yourself some cosmic awesomeness right here.