Yesterday Victor and I took our nine-year-old to a pet shop to look at ferrets, because holding ferrets automatically makes your day brighter (both because ferrets are hysterical and also because they’re stinking up the pet shop and not your house). But when we started to walk in I saw this note on the door:
Victor pointed out that maybe it wasn’t so bad if you got the front half of the hamster, but I’m fairly certain that the severed front end of hamster is going to be just as messy and leaky as a whole one. Probably even more so. Regardless, Hailey asked the clerk where they were keeping all the half-hamsters and was shown to a bin filled with completely whole hamsters where the clerk explained that “these are all of the half-off hamsters”. Then Hailey whispered, “I don’t think these people know how fractions work.”
She’s so our child.
And in other news, it’s Sunday, which means its time for the weekly wrap-up:
What you missed in my shop (Named “Eight pounds of uncut cocaine” so that your credit card bill will be more interesting.):
- The great thing about this is that it keeps people from stealing your shirt. Except your grampa might steal it. Hard to tell.
- And the nice thing about this shirt is that it’s always true, no matter who’s wearing it.
What you missed on the internets:
- Kick-ass stuff I pinned.
- I’m a finalist in the 2014 Weblog awards for Best Design and Best Writing. I have no idea how that happened but thanks for nominating me.
- Patrick Rothfuss (one of my favorite authors ever) reviewed my book and made my whole month.
This week on shit-I-didn’t-come-up-with-but-wish-I-did-because-it’s-kind-of-awesome:
- “Twitter is like…”
- Telegrams from Downton
- I’m incredibly lucky that this woman is my editor. If you’re a writer or a publisher or editor (or want to be) I think this is a great bit of insight into what you’re getting into. If you’re not interested in the business, just skip it.
This week’s wrap-up is brought to you by Bill Harte, author of Women Dress Like Sex, Men Dress Like Money: Everything You Need To Know About Marketing You Learning In Dating. I’ve only read pieces of it, but the pieces I read were interesting and provocative. I didn’t always agree with it (but I dress less like sex and more like a hobo, so I guess that’s to be expected) but it offers a fascinating marketing perspective and might give you info to really help your business. You can check it out here. It’s less than a cup of coffee and you can get the audiobook for free if you buy the ebook or paperback.